Monday, February 2, 2009

Pushkar

Pushkar- a small town in Ajmer (Rajasthan). Pushkar means born due to a flower. In Hindu mythology it is said that the Gods released a swan with a lotus in its beak and let it fall on earth where Brahma would perform a grand yagna. The place where the lotus fell was called Pushkar. It is one of the five sacred dhams, and has in recent years become a popular destination for foreign tourists. Pushkar lies on the shore of Pushkar Lake, and well, it is a beautiful site.

This pic has been clicked from Sunset Point (those who've been to Pushkar definitely know this place, and for those who haven't been to, you're missing something!). Pushkar Lake is surrounded by 52 bathing ghats, I donno how many could I capture here. I really had to zoom out the lens to 18 mm before I could click this wide angled pic. The place has its own aesthetic sense which really attracts everyone. Visit it for once at least!!

6 comments:

riteja said...

After looking this snap, I want to visit Pushkar... The city never attracted me so much before .. :D

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

Definitely one among the best sunsets I've seen!

Unknown said...

i must say.. you have made the place a must visit for the people who love scenic beauty.. i can imagine it to be a nice place to sit and just see the sun go down... :)

S@RG@M said...

Whosoever wants to roam around Pushkar, lemme know.... I'll be the official guide to you people!!

Thanx for the compliments Ladies!

Upadhi said...

You make me miss my city, my childhood and all the nahana, ranji ka mandir, pushkar ke jhule,,,,, so many places in the world but still I keeo oushkar as a must-visit place :)

S@RG@M said...

U're right Upadhi... So many places in the world, but still Pushkar stands apart. Even I have fond memories associated with Pushkar. Although there's no water right now in the Lake, but there was a time when I did take a bath in it. It always is exciting to come here, especially the way to Pushkar!!