Monday, March 16, 2009

Combative


There are approximately 5,000 species of lizards in the world, of which 300 are reported in India, and 30 of them are in Rajasthan. This is one of them! It was so quick, I clicked this snap at a shutter speed of 1/800. Not too big, but I must say that this one was a real beauty- shiny brown smooth glowing skin, a sleek built, and not to forget the often coming out forked tongue. Although it had legs, but it preferred to crawl, and it crawled fast. I first noticed her crawling in my room! Then, dragged her out to click some snaps. Combative suits her- ready to strike.

I have no scientific info upon her, not even her species or whether she's poisonous or not. All I know is that this one belongs to the Skink family. If you know anything, please do convey it to me.

3 comments:

riteja said...

interesting creature...

Parth said...

hey.....brilliant pic.

Unknown said...

i wud prefer if it never crawled into my room.. looks nice only in a pic..