Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blackout


I was in Kota (Rajasthan) when I saw a blackout for the first time, in 2002-03. I know I shouldn't admit, but it seemed fun then. Today I was sitting in my room checking some snaps on my Nikon when suddenly electricity went off. In the limited sunlight coming out of the window, I could make out the outlines of this lantern kept there. Any person who needs more cues to actually click a snap of this lantern does not have an instinct for photography. Well, all these events just made me tag it blackout. The shot has been clicked at an extremely low shutter speed of 1/15th of a second, 5.6 being the aperture settings.

1 comment:

Shaveta said...

blackout sumtimes signifies a very important aspect of our lives which everyone wants to hide and keep aside.. the dark side which is always heavier than the rays coming from other side.

the lantern which glows wid kerosene is also having the dark side.. burning yet beneficial!