Monday, June 29, 2009

The Last Warrior


This one's a chance click. I mean, I had been searching for a place like this for the past one year, but to no avail. And then, during my MP Trip, on my way from Guna to Shivpuri, on N.H. 3, I saw this tree, standing all isolated in a field. The first thing I uttered was- Bro! Stop The Car Now!!

Although the tag is very much self-explainatory, but I have a short prose written to explain what I wanted to convey by this snap-

The deserted lands tell the story
Of the end of our Earth’s glory.

From soothing green to barren brown
Man’s destroyed the God’s town.


Everywhere it’s pollution
And it’s got no solution.


Spoiling this motherly Earth
On which he took birth.


Leaving it bare skull
For “who cares?” is his principle.


Yet the hunger hasn’t stopped
Though more than his needs he’s robbed.


Towards inferno, our future’s turning
Coz the Earth’s burning.


And we’ve killed all from the past
This one seems to be the warrior last...!!

4 comments:

riteja said...

I am very well aware about the story behind this click...

I was with him when he took this snap...

In the middle of nowhere we stopped and he went out of the car in scorching summer day to have this click...

I really love this pic...

S@RG@M said...

I thought U were sleeping tht time...

riteja said...

Yes, I were sleeping but due to sudden breaks(that were applied... I got up :)

When I was all troubled with motion sickness it was good to see your were all happy and enthusiastic to click the snap...

I like your passion with photography Bro!!!

S@RG@M said...

Thanx a tonne Manu... and thanx for your cooperation during this click... :)

Meru was so shocked when I asked him to stop da car there. Confused actually coz he couldn't find anything nearby to be worth clicking.