Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Insignia


Why Insignia? would be the first question anyone would ask... and I have nothing more to justify than the thought that somehow I feel all the medal-alike marks forming this beautiful animal's feathers are nothing but the praises in his beauty.

I love peacocks, and when you have a home in Civil Lines (which are plush green in every city) sighting them around you is not a hard thing. This is another snap I clicked at my home. Peacocks are generally shy and they simply run away if you try going near to them. So, I had to go to my terrace to click this snap. It was a distant shot, and with my 18-55 mm Nikkor lens, it was impossible to shoot a close-up. Anyways, am saving some money to buy a better lens... till then, this is it..!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

just one word for the pic... awesome...

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

LOVE this one. I'm totally in love with the b&w - colour effect.

S@RG@M said...

I generally don't like to give these colour-specific effects Siny, but since the snap had been taken from such a great distance, I had to use the software to create this distinction to make this bird more visible.